Friday, December 16, 2011

Today's "Globe"

A fabulous article by my hero Jeffrey Simpson, on our vile government:


And while we're with the august "Globe" - today I received a great kind of present, a note from a former student about publication. Brava, Anne. It's a beautiful article.

Hi there.
I love reading your blog as it reminds me of the wonderful voice that inspired me last year.
After a summer trip to Ireland, I have been hard at work this fall trying to find more spaces in my life to write.
I am busy sending this and that out but my first success was today's essay in Globe and Mail.

Thought you might be interested.
Warm regards,
Anne Langford


http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/holiday/after-53-years-my-parents-annual-christmas-party-is-going-strong/article2272843/

And another stunning, very moving obit of Hitchens, by his friend Ian McEwan:

No comments:

Post a Comment