Wednesday, June 25, 2014

breaking buds

Post-partum. There are a million things to do on my list but I can't quite get to them; I'm sitting a lot and looking at the garden on this heavy grey muggy day. But I just did a very stupid thing - was fiddling with the heavenly rosebush, sniffing and admiring and checking for bugs, when I noticed a big branch hidden behind the others with tons of buds. I tried to move it forward and broke it off. It's in a vase now - 29 buds. Please open. It hurts to look at you, such potential beauty, snapped off, sealed shut.

Luckily I have to go teach or I'd just sink. From too busy to catatonic.

2 comments:

  1. Sending an edited mss. off is always so momentous that you think bells should ring, champagne corks pop. Yet, strangely, those things seldom happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, exactly - where the applause? BRAVA! All that work and fuss, and then limbo. But it's okay, I've moved right along. A day of not doing much, and now - let's get busy.

    ReplyDelete