Thursday, January 3, 2019

the view from here

It snowed in the night. I was up at 4 a.m., and this is what I saw through my kitchen window:
And I thought, that's why I'm going through this @#$@# renovation - so that I can keep looking at that. Or this, a few hours later:
That's why. Also my beloved kitchen. Also my neighbours and the whole neighbourhood. It's good to remember why I'm doing this, because when a fit of despair hits, I forget.

Anna found a place in Muskoka that rents rooms and cabins winter and summer, so she rented a room with two double beds, and she and the family went. They made snow angels, skated, snowshoed, warmed themselves by an outdoor fire - a real Canadian winterland. Rosy cheeks.
Whereas I'm happy to sit in my kitchen with my noise-cancelling headphones on, listening to a Schubert piano sonata. As I did this morning, while the crashes went on above.

Doing errands later, saw these signs that some wag had put all over the fences nearby, outside the Regent Park buildings slated for demolition:


And there were more. Fun.

Otherwise, not much fun over here. But it's nearly wine time. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment