Sunday, April 18, 2010

later

3 p.m., I'm back in the hotel lobby - can't get my computer connected to the wifi in the flat. Otherwise all is well - the place looks the same, cosy, neat and quiet, sunny and wonderful. I did my grocery shopping on the rue Mouffetard, including gariguettes and thick white asparagus, bread, yogurt and eggs, cheese and wine - a Crozes-Hermitage on sale! - and a tarte tatin, because I'm worth it. Had to go back twice - couldn't carry it all home at once. Stood and watched the dancers again, just like last year - Sundays, after mass, they play accordion and sing and dance on the Place Mouffetard. And it's spring, the heart of spring. Sheer joy.

At last, I will eat right again - it feels as if I've lived the last few weeks on bread and chocolate. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. But the thought of fruit and salad and good good cheese ... thrilling. And also, of course, more good bread and chocolate.

The plan was to walk and walk. But I've spent the last hour trying to get the internet to work. It must be something easy but not, of course, for MOI.

No comments:

Post a Comment