Saturday, April 24, 2010

photos, Prague to Paris






the Walt Disney castle in the Prague Old Town square













an ordinary Prague street














the gorgeous National Theatre















yours truly embarrassingly out of place in jeans and sweater in the National Theatre lobby













surreal statue honouring Franz Kafka



















Paris: the most incredible tree in the Jardin des Plantes, even better than last year










my classmates at cooking class









the merchandise at the second-hand clothing store on rue Monge - not like Goodwill, that's for sure











I want to live in the apartment with the open window, around the corner from the Pantheon












The little park on Boulevard St. Germain, for today's ham sandwich

2 comments:

  1. Beth, had no idea you were in Europe--sounds as if you're having a ball,cooking class and all (btw,the walt disney castle,if i'm not mistaken,is the old Tyn Church)
    Caryl and I are going back to Budapest in mid June and then taking riverboat up danube and rhine to amsterdam ... a 2 week trip,followed by a week in Paris over the july 4ht holiday - any restaurant or other Paris tips.
    Enjoy the balance of your trip and tell me about it on your return
    love,george

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, wonderful to hear from you. Yes, the Tyn church it is, Walt Disney castle it is not. Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned. I have lots of recommendations about Paris, though you probably know more about it all than I do. Let's talk when I get back.
    Btw I've just been invited to speak about my book on our ancient relative at Drexel University in Philadelphia.
    Love to you and Caryl,
    b.

    ReplyDelete