Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Farm in the snow


Went for a walk to Riverdale Farm this afternoon - very cold, very sunny. I'd like you to meet my friends there - Dolly the Clydesdale, then Dolly with Dusty the donkey nearby and her son Rooster barely visible in the background, then some surreal white-faced sheep, and a rasta sheep, who are all, as of yet, nameless.

Had a moment of sheer joy - walking on one of the paths, I watched a mother and her toddler walking along in the blinding white of the snow. She was singing, "I want to hold your hand" to her child. "And when I touch you, I feel happy inside," she sang, and all around, animals in the sun.

Freezing bliss.

Hmmm. Once I collect my millions from Nigeria, maybe I'll buy the Farm and fix it up a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment