Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I stand corrected

I have received a stern message from friend Chris, bicyclist extraordinaire, about helmets, plus a vital spelling correction of my last post. His blog is www.lyricycle.blogspot.com.

It is your choice whether or not to wear a helmet. I have no such choice when it comes to paying for your head trauma at the Emergency Room. I believe that with socialized medical care comes socialized responsibility. Call me crazy.

As those two or three enlightened people who read my blog know, I cycle thousands of kilometres a year, and would not think even of riding down my driveway without a helmet. The three major crashes I have had over the years – unplanned as it happens – have all resulted in my head slamming into the pavement with sudden and surprising force. My helmet has saved me, my head and the Ontario health care system a great deal of tsuris.

Affectionately as always,

Chris
PS: I think you mean “pedalling” through the city rather than peddling. Depends, I suppose, on what those high-heeled Parisian women are selling...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your usefull information.I like this kind of post which tell us much wanderfull massage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always
    kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!


    Here is my weblog - bmi charts

    ReplyDelete