Friday, February 6, 2015

I am so over this guy

First he reinforces his church's medieval attitude to birth control, condemning the world's poorest people to quantities of children the planet cannot support. And then this, from the institution responsible for appalling sexual and physical abuse for centuries. It makes me rage, it's so wrong.
Pope Francis told parents it is OK to spank their children to discipline them – as long as their dignity is maintained. Francis made the remarks this week during his weekly general audience, which was devoted to the role of fathers in the family.
Francis outlined the traits of a good father: one who forgives but is able to “correct with firmness” while not discouraging the child.
“One time, I heard a father in a meeting with married couples say ‘I sometimes have to smack my children a bit, but never in the face so as to not humiliate them’,” Francis said.
“How beautiful.” he added. “He knows the sense of dignity! He has to punish them but does it justly and moves on.”
What I say to that is: Once a dinosaur, always a dinosaur.

But I will never, never be over this guy. My daughter posted this pic on FB to celebrate Bob Marley's birthday today - Feb. 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment