Sunday, March 7, 2021

update

Thanks to all the friends writing in alarm about my health posts. Last night was pretty nightmarish; with quite acute gut pain keeping me awake, I had images of exploding appendix, God knows what. And of course it's the weekend, my doctor's office is closed. 

So this morning I called Telehealth Ontario. Within minutes, a nurse called me, asked a bunch of questions, and said she'd get in touch with the on call doctor at my health clinic. Five minutes later my phone rang and a cheery doctor answered. 

The conclusion is that though not in great shape, I'm not at imminent risk of death, I can wait to call my own doctor tmw. But, she said, you need to have a Covid test asap. I went online and instantly made a booking for 12.30 today at a Covid clinic ten blocks from here.  I'll ride my bike there.

I am so impressed - this level of organization and service in the midst of a pandemic!

Onward. And for today's laugh, a glimpse of my life.

2 comments:

  1. This is a difficult time for you, Beth. Courage, my friend. I send best wishes and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern, Theresa. Yes, it's difficult to have some inexplicable malady, especially as it has echoes of my poor father and his brother and their fatal gut maladies. I won't go there, but I will glad when I can be seen. I left it too long.

      Delete