Wednesday, June 21, 2023

cancelled

My course at the U of T summer school, along with several others, was just cancelled for low enrolment. Our boss thinks students are reluctant to return to in-person classes. But also, I think there's an explosion of online writing courses and seminars and books and podcasts and Substack newsletters about writing ... Every writer and her brother is an expert in how to write and get published, a huge cottage industry. Why venture out to receive the expert guidance of yours truly when information is flooding in? 

Not a great sign for those of us who depend on teaching income.

My website launch has also been delayed, an issue with back issues of the blog that needs to be fixed. 

And the book is delayed because we are checking copyediting issues. 

I hate being stuck like this; I like things to be orderly and done. LISTS. But life is not like that. 

The city is doing something to the sewers in the street outside, there's noise and fuss and we can't use the water today. I'm going to shower at the Y. And I am going to eat carbs. And smell the roses. Frustration!

1 comment: