Sunday, June 18, 2023

Father's Day

I don't celebrate Father's Day; there are no fathers around here. I did send a text to the fathers of my grandsons and a long email to my ex-husband, father of my children. My son came over to help me, with his very long body and arms, reach things I cannot reach. So it was another Mother's Day, really.

But I will post this in honour of my father, who cared deeply about the planet where we all live, and fought, daily, to make it a better place. How proud I am that he was a "ban-bomb apostle."

His granddaughter Anna is the same.

And Happy Father's Day to another fine father, Sir Paul, loving dad to his children and grandchildren and to John's son Julian. It's his 81st birthday today. So Happy Birthday too, Macca!

2 comments:

  1. As a young single mum, years ago a friend send me a 'mathers day' card on fathers day. Ginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice gesture from your friend, Ginette! Mathers Day. Yes. Been there done that.

      Delete