Friday, March 20, 2015

not so hot

I'll keep this short because if I don't, I'll regret it tomorrow. I'm in mourning for my past Paris life. This new one ain't so good. The beautiful apartment in the 5th I used to stay in has been sold, and acquaintances offered me the apartment of a friend of theirs, which is wonderfully reasonable. It turns out to be utterly charmless and right beside a major construction site which operates from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. Monday to Friday - hence today. After the worst night on an airplane I've ever had - Air Canada should be grounded instantly, it was heinous, sardines is too fine a concept - noisy, incredibly uncomfortable, so sleepless, I arrived to find Paris shrouded in chilly dark cloud, and then the apartment. Tried to take a nap but couldn't because of the noise. Am now woozy in a cafe because there's no wifi, and of course, because this is France, getting it is complicated.

This may be my last trip to Paris for awhile. On the other hand, after some sleep and food, I may feel a great deal better.

2 comments:

  1. You'll feel better after a night's sleep...you're in PARIS after all ! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Carole. I lost perspective there for awhile.

    ReplyDelete