Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Star Wars and home

OH blessed home, the most beautiful place on earth, though Banff, Vancouver and Long Beach come close, very very close, but they're not home. I walked into my house which was shining and warm and familiar, everything I know, and it's all mine. My grandmother's vase, my mother's silver ladle, the portrait of my grandfather. And yet, as I looked around, I thought, there's too much. Get rid of some of it.

That often happens when I come home, but then I forget. I'll try not to forget this time. Too much.

I am carrying so much with me - not stuff, but memories that I'll be processing for a long time. Can't deal with them now. I went straight out to the garden - daffodils, garlic growing, green things pushing forth. The trees don't even have buds though - I'll get to go through another spring from beginning to end. Lucky me.

Here are my last travel shots:
 This morning's walk. I brought a little pine branch with cone home with me to smell the woods.
 from the airport bus - big sky
 and little mountain
How the world has changed - this is the journal section of the Calgary airport. All of those! There must be a lot of journal writing going on. Repeat after me: "I feel ..."

On the plane, I watched the latest Star Wars - the perfect way to watch it, when the noise got too much I could take out my earphones and just watch in silence. I thought it was silly and fun, but mostly silly, and very loud. At one point, there was my friend Harriet Walter for about three seconds, bandaging someone on a spaceship. Incredible that they'd bring in one of the best actresses in the world for a three second bit with one line. But what fun for her.

So. Dear Carol my tenant left me dinner in the fridge, I heated it up and opened a bottle of wine, and here I am. I already have a list for tomorrow, at the head of which is TAXES. Reality. How great is reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment