Saturday, March 12, 2022

return of the appendix?

A note to my faithful readers and friends: if this blog disappears for a bit, it may be because a former health crisis has returned. For the last few days, I've had pain in my lower gut, particularly on the right side; it feels like the appendicitis that plagued me twice last year. Maybe it's not. In the night there was such pain I got out the bag in my closet I'd prepared for a run to Emergency, to be ready in case. (Earplugs, toothbrush, slippers, eyeshade, clean underwear, Louise Penny novel.) 

But today it's much better. 

Of course, these things always escalate late on Fridays. I've left a message for the gut doctor at St. Mike's, who said to call him if anything went wrong, but it's Saturday. My hope is that this holds off till Monday, or even that it's nothing. But it does feel like something. But perhaps it's not.

In the meantime, I'm working on the manuscript, to finish this new draft and get it out. Moving that off my plate, after all this obsessive editing, will be a huge relief. 

Sam has Covid again; for some reason he didn't get the booster and so is feeling really sick. Our dear friend Holly did get the booster but she too just tested positive. It ain't over by a long shot.

Nothing matters more than health. Except peace, world peace. That matters more.

No comments:

Post a Comment