Saturday, October 11, 2008

upcoming seminar on memoir writing

I'm blogging at my kitchen counter.  I'll get used to this.  Now I can receive junk mail from everywhere in my house!  Yay!

This is a reminder about the seminar workshop on Tuesday October 14th : "Telling Individual Tales: How to craft compelling memoirs and personal essays" presented by PWAC and Ryerson.  There will be four speakers: moi, Sarah Moore, editor-in-chief of the excellent "More" magazine (no relation), Lindsay Michael, producer of Outfront on CBC Radio One, and Dr. Ross Pennie, author of the memoir "The Unforgiving Tides," about his time as a young doctor in Papua, New Guinea.  

So all facets of memoir writing, editing and selling will be covered.  

It's on Tuesday October 14th at the World's Biggest Bookstore at 20 Edward Street, one block north of Yonge and Dundas.  Registration 6.30 to 7, seminar 7 to 9 then a Q and A and light refreshments.

I know it's election night.  This is for those of you who vote early then can't stand the suspense and would rather spend the evening discussing something important. Hope to see you there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment