Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy, healthy, peaceful 2013 to you all

Quietest New Year's Eve ever. When I got home from snowy Ottawa to slightly less snowy T.O. this evening, Sam was here to greet me, and then left for his soiree. Talked to Anna and listened to Booboo, who had shared the smoked bacon corn chowder I gave his mother for Xmas and was howling for more. He has discovered bacon, she said. Happiness is.

I was invited to dine with friends but said no. Don't want to have to smile tonight. It's New Year's Eve, and my beautiful mother is not there; not anywhere. I can't call her. I can't call her ever again.

I'll just curl up with the crabby cat and have a cry.

2 comments:

  1. Just talk to her. She'll hear. She is in you. You are part of her. Listen to yourself and your mum will hear every word. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great comfort, Penny. Thank you very much. You're right.

    ReplyDelete