Monday, May 4, 2015

in olden days ...

An old friend just sent a photograph I've never seen, of Edgar and me in 1984 or 85. I was 34 (as our daughter Anna is now), the mother of a 3-year old and a newborn (as Anna will be in a few months), had moved not long before from Vancouver to Ottawa. Now we were about to move again to Toronto, as my young husband's meteoric rise in his career continued. I think the fierce frown is a joke, the way Sam's frowns (below) are a joke. I hope so.

I barely know who those two young people are. I have no memory of ever hanging onto a man, even if he was my husband. But you can see where our son gets his beautiful smile.
Thirty years ago.
Yesterday. Edgar said Sam should only have paid half-price for his haircut since the barber only cut half his hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment