Monday, September 14, 2015

the elite

The winning Senior Women of the Cabbagetown Mini-Marathon: 4th, 3rd, 1st and 2nd. Gina wearing the cabbage had two very small grandchildren running too, and the one with the anti-Harper button hopes to run with her older grandson next year. Proud of us, girls!

In fact, I don't think any other senior women even enter this competition - only, year after year, this sleek bunch of gazelles. You do understand I am a very slow runner, right? That every year, in the middle of this very short race, I wish I'd done even a little bit of training. And yet there I am in the winning circle. No one is more amazed than I.

Much more importantly, I was just checking my Goodreads page - to find that a fine person called Robyn, who reads a lot of good books, rated my book more highly than the best-selling Miriam Toews! Now, that's being in the winner's circle.
Robyn rated a book 4 of 5 stars
All My Loving: Coming of Age with Paul McCartney in Paris
by Beth Kaplan (Goodreads Author)
read in February, 2015
Robyn rated a book 3 of 5 stars
All My Puny Sorrows
by Miriam Toews
read in March, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment