Saturday, March 10, 2018

Zoomer expert c'est moi

Dazed. It's noon on Saturday; I'm supposed to be at the island airport to get a 12.30 flight to Ottawa, to take my aunt shopping and to dinner with her friend Una tonight, spend Sunday morning and lunch with her and depart tomorrow afternoon. I was just shutting down my computer to leave for the airport when I got an email from Porter - my flight had been cancelled and I was rebooked on one at 6 p.m.

Infuriating! I wouldn't get to my aunt - who, as you know, will be 98 next month - until 8 p.m., by which time she's usually nodding off on her bed as she watches TV. Pointless to make the trip, which incidentally costs over $300 plus car rental and my night at the Airbnb. I had to call Do and Una while I was on hold for half an hour with Porter; apparently the delay has to do with poor weather down east yesterday causing flights to be backed up.

Still infuriating. I had to cancel. Not sure when I can get there as I leave for Vancouver March 22. I am packed with gifts; I'd had a huge meal to eat the last of the food in my fridge which now is empty - as is the whole day. My aunt is hugely disappointed and so am I.

Phooey.

Okay, nothing to be done. I am sorry, my beloved aunt. But at least it was not an urgent trip to see her in hospital, as it was so often with my mother; I just wanted to see her. So now, to look on the time as a gift and use it well. I'd better get some groceries. Some wine. Do some work. God knows, there are a million things to be done. Started income tax last night.

On the bright side, I was checking True to Life on Amazon because of the Zoomer plug, below, when I found a few nice new reviews by unknown readers, including this one. "Fun to read - very tasty tips" - mmm, I can dine out on that.

2017-06-30
a fun read and extremely useful for creative non-fiction writing
Playfully written, this book is fun to read with bite-sized chapters full of very tasty tips that really do help with non-fiction writing.

The very short article I wrote for Zoomer, in conjunction with our creative non-fiction conference, is getting lots of airplay - they've not only posted it on the Zoomer website, they've highlighted it in the email they send out to their subscribers. How I love being "an expert" - there's a first for everything! Ha.
6 Ideas for a Lazy Brunch, How to Write Your Memoir … and MORE!
Ask an Expert: 7 Tips on How to Write Your Memoir
Led an interesting life? Want to leave the unvarnished details to your heirs apparent
long after you’ve left the building? We say write it down now!  READ MORE
http://www.everythingzoomer.com/arts-entertainment/2018/03/09/how-to-write-your-memoir/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Zoomer%20Weekend%20Newsletter%20-%20March%2010%202018&utm_content=&spMailingID=13090060&spUserID=MTQzODU5NTIyMTEzS0&spJobID=1360885209&spReportId=MTM2MDg4NTIwOQS2

No comments:

Post a Comment