Wednesday, June 3, 2020

kind words about my memoir

On a cheerier note - just came up from the basement and found an email from my friend Judy, to whom I'd sent the memoir manuscript last week:

I read your book in one great rush and really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the long section of your time at L'Arche. Very moving and wonderful writing! You've got a story very worth telling and you tell it very well. 

I hope you find a way to get the publicity this book deserves.

Thank you! Perhaps, at this time of global pandemic, rising fascism, and race riots, the world will not welcome this memoir of personal epiphany and change, called "beautiful but tender" by one editor. Perhaps this is the worst possible time to release such a book. What choice do I have, though, but to send it out into the world to make its way?

No comments:

Post a Comment