Monday, August 22, 2022

giving blood - from August 16

(Sorry, for some reason, half the post disappeared so I am posting again. From my FB page:)

Funny story. Went to donate blood for the first time today. Answered 'no' to all their questions, including whether I'd had sex for money and had handled monkeys recently. One yes: had I lived in England from 1980 to 1996? Yes, I said, I went to theatre school in London in 1981-82. I'm sorry, she said, you cannot donate. Mad cow disease. I left and texted my kids about my rejection. Sam wrote back, I knew something was off with you, Kaplan - mad cow disease! Then Anna wrote, Mum, we didn't live in London in 1981! Oh yes — she was born in Vancouver in 1981. I was at theatre school in 1971-72. Went back and explained I was wrong by a mere decade. We laughed. Completely screwed up their paperwork but finally they took my half-litre of blood. I was so impressed by the steady stream of volunteers. I love Canadians.

May be an image of 1 person, sitting and indoor
Rona Maynard, Lynn Hetherington Blin and 45 others
10 comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment