Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I've gotta get out of this place

The endless departure - I'm still here, but barely. Tomorrow night at this time - 9.15 p.m., I hope to be on the plane, though it doesn't take off till 9.35. And at 10 a.m. Friday morning, we land in Paris.

That's the plan, anyway.

As I try to extricate myself from my full life here, I'm overwhelmed by how much there is to do and wonder why I am leaving (not to mention the lack of a certain Booboo for five whole weeks. By the time I come back, he'll be skateboarding and going steady). There's a long TO DO list in my day-timer starting the day I get back. But then I realize - that's why I'm going. I need to spend a few weeks without my full life - just my very small self, my mind and heart and tourist eyes and a suitcase that's not too bad though probably still more full than it should be. But really, for 5 weeks, not bad.

Not feeling great, but not actually sick. Victory. A last guided meditation with Judy and the group tomorrow morning, last minute errands, last minute phone calls, a last lunch with Wayson, and then - get me out of here.

To keep everything in perspective, to remember just how insignificant we are, here's a breathtaking film made by NASA.
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/01/20/nasa-has-released-the-largest-picture-ever-taken-it-will-rock-your-universe/

No comments:

Post a Comment