Saturday, July 13, 2019

Mac misery

Purring computer literally on the blink - was working perfectly then screen began to blink on and off, like a neon sign. Hot bike ride uphill to the repair store to leave it with Jeff. He just called. It’s kaput. The $500 plus repair fee will go towards a new Mac. It’s a year and a half old!!!
Ah well at least my genius Matt has stored everything in the cloud. But until I get a new machine I can’t access my documents, or my bank account since my password is stored in a document. Think I have enough liquid cash to pay for a new Mac. Phooey.
However John repaired the hose. Small mercies.

2 comments:

  1. oh yikes, you have my sympathy, Beth. How much of our daily work involves our computers...I think my first one lasted 10 years, maybe longer. And the subsequent ones have had much shorter life spans. I hope your transition to a new one is painless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, I can reply, Theresa. Except that we've just exchanged emails about our computers. But still -here I am!

    ReplyDelete