Monday, December 15, 2014

good news, bad bad man

An optimistic article about - gasp - the book! And the bookstore - that people may be returning to hardcovers as they're returning to vinyl records - as a technology that may seem old-fashioned but that delivers more than its replacement.

Nice to have a happy story about our industry. For once!

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/dec/14/book-revival-james-daunt-waterstones?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

I nominate Dick Cheney for a new award: the Pure Unmitigated Evil Award. He says that what the CIA did was not torture and that he'd "do it again in a minute." His prize for the award would be a jolly spot of waterboarding and then being chained naked to a cold floor for a week or two. Fun times! Congratulations, Mr. Cheney, you living devil.

6 comments:

  1. I think there was another trick in the interrogation bag called "rectal hydration" -- I honestly hope I didn't hear it correctly -- which those who justify the CIA's actions ought to be subjected to. Purely for research purposes.
    But yes, good news about Waterstones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is "rectal hydration" anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently they force-fed hunger-strikers by forcing food into their rectums. Extremely humiliating and painful. Yes, let's hydrate Cheney's rectum with a non-stop diet of Twinkies and Big Macs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. come to think of it... he kinda looks like he is undergoing rectal probing by the facial expressions he wears. ha. I like your fearlessness B

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a monster. There are too many in the world, but not many who have the media platform this one does - and has had for years. Shocking. As many have said, he should be in jail.

    ReplyDelete



  6. Hello, my name is Miss faith, I'm from USA. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is genuine and real. I never really believed in any of these things but when I was losing Garvin, I needed help and somewhere to turn badly. I found consultant.odia spells and i ordered a LOVE SPELL. Several days later, my phone rang. Garvin was his old self again and wanted to come back to me! Not only come back, the spell caster opened him up to how much I loved and needed him. Spell Casting isn't brainwashing, but they opened his eyes to how much we have to share together. I recommend anyone who is in my old situation to try it. It will bring you a wonderful surprises as well as your lover back to you. The way things were meant to be." you can contact the spell caster on ogbonispelitemple@hotmail.com he's very nice and great.

    ReplyDelete