Sunday, February 5, 2023

A fan gets in touch

Woke up this morning to find this in my email inbox, from someone I don't know: I loved everything about Loose Woman. It was readable, relatable, informative, authentic and a page-turner. The details were impeccable.

I normally get bored during books and give up reading them or slog through. Not the case here. So well done Beth! You will make a reader of me yet. I am also tapped into your blog and the True to Life book, which I ordered from Amazon. I am really enjoying getting to know you through your work and accomplishments. You are an amazing woman. Thank you for the work you do. 

I look forward to learning more about you and your life, and I hope to find the words and courage to tell my own stories. 

I hope you find the words and courage too, dear reader. Thank you for your generous note, a balm to my writerly soul. 

I was going to watch Tàr last night, but instead, in the final stages of this draft of the essay book, which is entitled Solo Woman: Writing through the storm, I spent most of the day going over and over it, changing one word then changing it back, cutting here, adding a line there. This stage is like a craftsman carpenter polishing a newly-made chair, making sure it's perfect. Though the next stage for him is for someone to enjoy sitting in his chair, whereas for me, it's the work off to an editor who'll rip it to pieces. Diff'rent strokes.

It's milder but gloomy; we seem to be able to have only gloom and tolerable temperatures, or extreme cold and sun. Is there not middle ground, O powers that be, mild and sunny sometimes, even in February? Hmmm?

Today, danced at 10 with Nicky and gang, a blessing. Now, cleaning, cooking with Eleanor, much TV tonight. Forcing myself to leave the manuscript alone. But she needs me! No, she needs a break, and so do you. Johann Hari recommends going for a walk. So I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment