Saturday, June 29, 2013

zombies

A cool grey Saturday of a long weekend, and it's so quiet, it's scary. No voices, no traffic, no sirens - just birds, and the fluttering of rose petals to the ground as the flowers end their glorious lives. For a bit there, I feared that zombies had devoured the city, and only I was spared. That wouldn't make a very good movie. Brad Pitt = better.

I'm a zombie too, however, sick with flu and sore throat, probably the baby's bug. Didn't sleep and am zipped into a fog blanket today. So my aching bod is in bed with coffee and computer. There's some soup in the freezer, a bottle of wine in the cupboard, and in the garden, the first tomatoes, beans and peas and more rhubarb and lettuce. So if the apocalypse has come, I'll be able to scrounge for a bit. Come on over. No, on second thought, don't. If you're fighting zombies, you don't want this bug.

The good news is: I'm a writer. So if I can screw my brain to the sticking place, I can lie in bed and work.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn, novelist, Nobel laureate (1918-2008).

Yesterday's Facts and Arguments in the "Globe" was moving, I thought - a bit messagey, but a message we can all stand to hear again, every so often. Here it is, for your thoughtful Saturday reading. 
Read this on The Globe and Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment